1 Tbsp cooking sherry
3 Tbsp soy sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
2 tsp corn starch
1 Tbsp sesame oil (can also use peanut oil)
3 medium to large green peppers, chopped
4 slices ginger root, chopped
2 garlic cloves, minced
2 tsp corn starch in 4 Tbsp water
5 Tbsp peanut oil
2 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- Combine sherry, soy sauce, sugar, corn starch, and sesame oil in medium bowl.
- Cut beef across the grain in 1/8" strips, then cut to the size you want to eat. Place in marinate for 15 minutes to 24 hours.
- Keep corn starch mixture close to stove. Heat wok to medium high to high, then add 4 Tbsp oil and swirl to coat sides. Let oil get hot until it starts to smoke, then put in 1/2 of meat and cook until not red. Remove and repeat with other half of meat. Add garlic and ginger at end to heat.
- Remove meat from wok when done. Add 1-2 Tbsp oil and get hot. Add green peppers. Cook about 2 minutes, then add Hoisin sauce and cook 1 more minute.
- Add meat to wok. Mix well. Add cornstarch mixture. Cook until liquid in bottom center thickens.
- Serve over rice.