1 tsp yeast
3/4 C warm water (100-110 F)
(6.7 oz is the latest weight, but we're still tweaking it)
8.8 oz bread flour
3/4 tsp salt
- Allow yeast to dissolve in water for approximately five minutes.
- Whisk flour and salt together in bowl of mixer.
- Add yeast mixture to the bowl and knead with the dough hook for about five minutes. Dough should pull away from sides of the bowl and still stick to the bottom slightly. Check the dough periodically to make sure it is tacky to the touch. Add a small amount of flour if the dough is too sticky.
- Spray a bowl with cooking spray, and add dough to bowl. Cover with a thin layer of cooking spray, then cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Allow dough to rest in a warm place until double in size (about 45 minutes to an hour).
- Preheat oven to 550 F or as high as your oven will allow.
- Punch dough down, and make into 14" circle.
- Cover pizza with desired ingredients, and brush crust with olive oil. Bake on stone until crust is golden brown (about 7 minutes).
I discussed this recipe here.