Thursday, July 2, 2009

Quick Strawberry Dessert

I ran across this Strawberry Cobbler recipe at work and wanted to give it a try last night. I had strawberries and all the other ingredients. If I waited too long, the strawberries would end up in a smoothie, so I just jumped right into it when I got home! The preparation took no time at all, and while it baked in the oven for 30 minutes, I remembered to have a little dinner before filling up on dessert.

I've never made cobbler before, and I haven't eaten it much either. I was a little unsure about the cook time since I made it in three smaller pans instead of the 9" x 9" baking pan. Also, I used the toaster oven so I wouldn't heat up the kitchen, which brought the pans closer to the heating elements. After only 20 minutes, the tops were a nice golden brown. When I went to pull out the pans, the cobbler was jiggling more than I thought it should. So I covered it up with foil and let it finish out the full 30 minutes. Luckily, nothing burned and it was cooked through when it came out!

I happened to have some vanilla ice cream in the freezer to pair with the cobbler. With one scoop of ice cream and a helping of strawberry cobbler, I took my first taste...Simply Amazing! The almond and vanilla extracts wonderfully complemented the strawberries, and it all melded together ever so nicely. The strawberries didn't peek through the topping as much as I expected, but that didn't hurt the flavor one bit. And best of all, the recipe came together in no time at all. I used my hand mixer and only a couple bowls, so there was little to clean up at the end. I'll be using this cobbler for a quick dessert in the future.

1 comment:

  1. This looks delicious! Joe's a cobbler man so I'll have to give this a try. Yum!

    ReplyDelete