Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Baps!

All day Thursday I wanted to make this Baps Scottish Breakfast Rolls Recipe, and luckily we had an evening at home so we could bake up a triple batch. We have made this recipe many times, including as a weekend snack and for last year's Christmas dinner. This is a versatile bread. Off the top of my head, I know I've had them straight out of the oven, with butter, cream cheese, peanut butter, jam, as a breakfast sandwich (sausage/bacon, egg, and cheese), as mini pizzas, as sandwiches with lunch meat and veggies, and as dinner rolls. There are many possibilities, and I'm sure I haven't figured them all out yet. I would love to hear how you decide to use these rolls. One of these times I'd like to see how they turn out with a split of all purpose and wheat flour.

I think this was the first recipe we tried from Barry Harmon's Artisan Bread Recipes site, and we keep coming back to it. His site includes pictures of each step which help you determine if you're on the right track as you're trying new recipes. The baps recipe is easy enough with only two rising periods. We never make just one batch, though, since we go through 10 of these rolls in no time at all. We use our mixer to get the dough together initially but usually end up taking it to the counter for a couple kneads by hand before setting it to rise the first time.

I hope you enjoy these as much as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment