Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Homemade Popcorn

I've been meaning to try this for awhile. Tonight I was in the mood for a slightly salty snack, but I was trying to keep it on the healthy side. I grabbed a brown lunch bag, put 1/4 C of popcorn kernels in it, folded it up, and put it in the microwave. Less than 2 minutes later, I had a nice warm bag of fresh popcorn (listen for the pops to be a couple seconds apart just like with the commercial bags). The best part is, you can add whatever toppings you like - plain, salty, sweet, spicy. Spray the popcorn lightly with cooking spray or a mist of cooking oil, then sprinkle with your favorite herbs, salt, sugar, whatever you like. Tonight I had a little bit of salt and cinnamon. I look forward to sharing this trick with the little boy.

2 comments:

  1. What made you think of doing this? Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A coworker was doing it one time, and I've read about it, too. It's a great way to have "instant" or air popped popcorn with being able to control the ingredients. I wish I had tried it sooner as it is much easier than cooking it in a pot.

    ReplyDelete