1/4 C hoisin sauce
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp ketchup
1/4 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
16 oz center-cut boneless pork loin, trimmed
3 1/2 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp chicken broth
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Vegetables and Rice:
1 1/2 Tbsp canola oil
3 medium leeks, halved and thinly sliced
8 oz snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1 1/2 Tbsp Chinese rice wine
5 cups brown rice, cooked and chilled
Preheat oven to 350 F.
Prepare barbecued pork loin:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together hoisin sauce, garlic, soy sauce, ketchup, and five-spiced powder. Add pork, turning to coat.
- Place pork onto a small baking pan lined with foil and coated with cooking spray. Place into the oven and bake until a meat thermometer registers 150 F to 155 F. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Cut pork into bite-sized pieces.
Prepare vegetables and rice:
- In a large 12 inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high.
- Add leeks and ginger. Stir-fry until leeks begin to soften, about 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 minutes.
- Stir in snow peas. Add rice wine, and stir-fry until snow peas are crisp-tender, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add rice and pork. Cook, stirring frequently until thoroughly heated through, about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in seasoning liquid, tossing well to coat evenly.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
I discussed this recipe here.